Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm In Love With A... Singer : Shakira


Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll is a Columbian singer/songwriter.

Yup yup, Wyclef was right, her hips don't lie. First time I saw Shakira was on TV during the Latin Grammy Awards in 2000. A fierce fiery haired chica dressed in red belly dancing surrounded by fire... What more can I say, I sat there wide-eyed wondering who I had just seen. Then a year later she came out with an english album singing lines such as "Lucky that my breasts are small and humble
So you don't confuse them with mountains"... just before dragging herself in the mud in the video... ah well, works for me!

Sexy is the word for her, with splashes of exoticness when she mixes latin pop music with arabic styled dancing. Her face, her smile, her lips, curvy hips, curly blonde hair, the fact she has her own style inspired by her cultural background, her eyes when squints them, her confidence, the fact she made a video with BeyoncĂ© (a moment of reflection please... ah, there we go) and pretty much everything else. She's a 10. 

From the video below, you will see that she still likes getting dirty for the sake of the art (No, she's not having convulsions). Paz!



Oh and peep the shorty in Alejandro Sanz's bed... she's fine too!

No comments:

Post a Comment